Reltio Community Rules & Etiquette Guidelines
Last updated on March 15, 2021.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important rules and guidelines. If you have any questions, you can direct them to our support department at Support@reltio.com.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the Reltio Community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products or services. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Do not send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, to the entire group. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a group. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the group and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
Unlawful Behavior and Content
You must respect all applicable local, national, and international laws while using our services. Any content or activity featuring, encouraging, offering, or soliciting illegal activity is prohibited.
Likewise, you must not use the Community to post content that promotes, encourages, or incites terrorism. That includes content supporting or celebrating terrorist organizations, their leaders, or associated violent activities.
Violence and Threats
Any activity that may endanger your life or others or lead to physical harm is prohibited. We take all acts and threats of violence seriously and have a zero-tolerance policy for such violations. We may suspend or terminate all accounts engaged in or associated with such activities. This includes, but is not limited to, attempts or threats to physically harm or kill others, suicide threats, intentional physical trauma, illegal use of drugs, illegal, or dangerous consumption of alcohol, and dangerous or distracted driving.
Hateful Speech, Conduct, and Harassment
Hate speech is any speech that speech that expresses hate or encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. Reltio prohibits use of the Community for such speech We consider any hateful speech or conduct grounds for termination or suspension.
We also prohibit harassment. Harassment is any content meant to intimidate, degrade, abuse, or bully others, or create a hostile environment for others. Depending on the severity of the offense, we may indefinitely suspend or terminate your account on the first violation.
We prohibit using Reltio’s services to engage in hate speech, conduct, or harassment. Users that engage in this conduct may not use the Community. We also reserve the right to act against users that engage in hate speech, harassment outside the Community when they direct that conduct at Community users.
Unauthorized Sharing of Private Information
We prohibit using Reltio’s service to share private personal information about others. You should not use the Community to expose private facts about others, like doxing, sharing information publicly that is private on other services, or information recorded without a subject’s consent.
Impersonation, Squatting, and Misattribution
Content or activity meant to impersonate an individual or organization or create confusion about whether such an individual or organization posted that content is prohibited. Any attempts to misrepresent yourself as a Reltio employee or representative will lead to suspension or termination.
Nor may you engage in username or account squatting for impersonation or other reasons. Reltio’s usernames are for all our users—you may not register large numbers of usernames to prevent others from using them.
Likewise, you may not engage in misattribution or non-attribution. Your content should give proper attribution to original sources.
Spam, Scams, and Other Malicious Conduct
Do not use the Community to post or create content that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise harms Reltio’s services or another user's experience. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Posting large amounts of repetitive content or sending unwanted messages or user reports
- Defrauding others
- Spreading malware or viruses
- Tampering (such as artificially inflating follower counts, views, or other metrics)
- Selling or sharing user accounts
- Reselling Reltio services
- Defacing, or seeking to deface, website pages or other Reltio services (such as uploading inappropriate or malicious content)
- Posting or creating unauthorized advertisements
Reltio also prohibits use of its Service to engage in misinformation or disinformation. Misinformation or disinformation is creating fraudulent accounts on Reltio and using them to post and spread false and inflammatory information. This includes attempts to defraud or impede voters in local, regional, or national public office elections, those responding to the United States Census, or public participants in other governmental activities. This includes spreading false information about how to vote, when to vote, or where to vote.
Nudity, Pornography, and Other Sexual Content
Nudity and sexually explicit content or activities, such as pornography, sexual acts, or intercourse, and sexual services, are prohibited.
We strictly prohibit content or activities that are obscene or threaten or promote sexual violence or exploitation and may report such content to law enforcement.
Reltio does not permit content that features any exploitation of a minor, including, but not limited to, suggestive or sexual content involving a minor or anyone that appears to be a minor or that facilitates or promotes child sexual abuse. We will report child exploitation to authorities, including through the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
Nor may you use the services to engage in Human Trafficking or Prostitution. If you see this activity in the Community, report it to us. You may also contact law enforcement or the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-888-373-7888.
Extreme Violence, Gore, and Other Obscene Conduct
We prohibit content that includes violent threats against others and threats to commit criminal offenses against others.
We do not permit violent content or gore solely for shock value. We prohibit videos that showcase mutilation, torture, or death of humans or animals. We also prohibit content that encourages or incites violence or glorifies acts of violence.
Intellectual Property Rights
Reltio respects intellectual property rights and does not permit use of its services to infringe on the rights of others. It reserves the right to remove or disable access to material on our websites or services that infringes on the copyright rights of others.
Reltio will, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate a user’s account if we determine the user is a repeat infringer. A repeat infringer is a user for whom Reltio has received multiple DMCA notifications. Reltio, however, reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate a user at any time for copyright infringement, even without receiving a DMCA notice. For more information, please see our Copyright Policy.
Attempts to Avoid Suspension or Termination
All suspensions are binding until expiration or removal upon appeal. Any attempt to circumvent an account suspension or chat ban by using other accounts, identities, personalities, or presence on another user's account will also lead to suspension. Suspension evasion will not only increase the length of suspension but may lead to an indefinite suspension.