We have some exciting news to share!
I’m thrilled to announce that Chris Hylen is our new CEO.
Check out the news release to learn more.
I’m so proud that we hit this important milestone in Reltio’s journey as a company. When I look back in time, there were so many pivotal moments that propelled us forward and prepared us to enter this next chapter of the company’s growth. Let’s take a step back in time. Let’s start at the beginning.
In 2011, I saw three major trends:
- First, big data infrastructure capabilities were quickly advancing and starting to become mainstream.
- Second, enterprise companies started accelerating their adoption of cloud technologies and SaaS delivery models for software.
- Third, while the business people were becoming more data savvy, the hurdles to get access to the right data at the right time were increasing exponentially due to the fragmentation of data across application silos.
Then I had a lightbulb moment. The current approach to managing data wasn’t going to meet the needs of companies for much longer. I knew there was a better way.
With the founding of Reltio, we embarked on the exciting journey to make it easier for companies to harness the power of data, to innovate with data and to drive business outcomes with data. Our company vision is “to power the experiences of the future with the data that matters most to companies.”
Building the Foundation
Over the last nine years, we have been busy building an incredible foundation at Reltio:
- a completely reimagined and unparalleled platform that powers “Data-Driven Connected Experiences” built from the ground up on a cloud-native foundation,
- a growing customer list of the world’s largest global enterprises across multiple industries,
- a roster of the largest system integration and key ISV partners,
- a top-notch team of Reltians with a strong culture of innovation and excellence and
- strong support from our investors with over $118M in funding.
The Next Phase of Growth
We are now entering the next significant phase of growth on our journey to becoming a global leader in the data management industry. To lead the charge, I am excited to welcome Chris Hylen as our new CEO. Chris is a stellar addition to our leadership team and I am thrilled to partner with him to take Reltio to the next level.
When I first talked to Chris about the possibility of joining Reltio, what struck me were his leadership beliefs. He believes that the key to driving outcomes is to focus on creating the right culture. Chris believes:
- Employees want to do the right thing. The primary role of leadership is to provide context:
- what we are doing,
- why we are doing it,
- what we have learned and
- how/why we are going to or not going to adjust.
- Clarity enables employees to make the right decisions in service of the right outcomes for the company. Everyone needs to be clear about the strategy, outcomes, expectations and values. Everyone needs to hold themselves and each other accountable.
- Every employee is a leader. Great leadership and great outcomes result in world-class companies.
- At-scale growth requires consistent and predictable operating mechanisms. This is what every hyper-growth company needs to get right.
Chris is excited about the opportunity Reltio has created and the foundation that we have built. He shared, “Relationships are at the core of the digital world. Reltio enables business leaders to deeply understand their customer relationships and deliver on the promise of their brands. Reltio is uniquely positioned to provide real-time, customer-focused data at scale. We have an opportunity to build a world-class growth company”.
In Chris Hylen, we have a growth leader who has led companies at scale, including Intuit, Citrix and Imperva. Chris is going to challenge us to go faster and be better than we thought possible. I am thrilled Chris has joined the Reltio team and will be leading the company through our next phase.
My Next Chapter
Chris’ arrival will allow me to spend more time on the product than I have been able to do over the last several years. I’m excited to announce that I’ll be taking on the new role of Chief Technology Officer, Founder and Chairman. It will be a full-time role with functional responsibility for all of our product technology across engineering, product management and security.
For all of you who know me, I live and breathe the product and the business value it delivers. I’m happiest when I’m working with our product, technology and user experience teams and when I’m interacting with our customers and partners. These experiences energize me and get my creative juices flowing. I’m excited to focus my time and energy thinking about the big impact we can have on how companies operate, how they innovate, how they engage with customers and how they drive better business outcomes.
The Reltio Platform Powers Connected Experiences
At Reltio, we have a visionary product and transformational opportunity in a massive market that continues to grow at a rapid pace. The year 2020 has given executives 20/20 clarity. It has become crystal clear that companies can’t afford to operate in a disconnected way. They need a new way to manage their data. They need an enterprise-wide approach. They need speed, agility and scale so they can respond faster to changing market conditions. They need data to drive their digital transformation, to deliver connected customer experiences, to gain deeper customer insights and to drive innovation.
I’m proud of the amazing culture that we have built at Reltio. We have an enviable set of Fortune 500 customers that include 8 of the Fortune 100, 2 to the top healthcare services companies, 2 of the top hospitality brands, 3 of the top global luxury goods brands, 2 of the top technology companies and 8 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in the world. And this is just the beginning. The future is bright for Reltio, our customers and our partners.
Once again, I am thrilled to partner with a growth leader like Chris Hylen to lead the company in the next phase of this amazing journey. And, I look forward to shaping the next decade of enabling companies to power their connected experiences with connected data!
Wishing you all health, happiness and hope,