Data-driven ... People-led
This month marked the four year anniversary we incorporated Reltio.
It's a cliche to say what a ride it's been, and I can't believe how time has flown by, but all these things are true. When I look back at the notable events that enabled us to reach this point, I'm extremely grateful for the support of the investors, partners, customers and the Reltio team that joined us on this journey.
Many have asked what motivated us to start Reltio.
In 1997, Steve Jobs and Apple told the world to:
This was true for Reltio in 2011 when we broke with traditional thinking at the time by:
- Going beyond Master Data Management (MDM), a billion-dollar software industry that the team and I had dedicated 8+ years to
- Embracing NoSQL databases over traditional relational databases, and applying powerful graph capabilities to uncover relationships across all data sources
- Incorporating data-as-a-service to reduce the friction of on boarding third-party data sets, and allowing organizations to share data between groups internally, and to license and monetize their data
- Combining reliable data, relevant insights and recommended actions across siloed master data, transaction, interaction and social data at Big data scale
- Putting the frontline business user first, by ensuring that LinkedIn/Facebook-style data-driven applications, were immediately available as part of every deployment
- All of this in a multi-tenant cloud unifying the goals of both IT and business teams
Like many startups, we had modest funding and were, and still are, taking on the Goliath's of the industry. Steve Job's had another quote that rang true:
It's precisely because of the people that in two short years since we made Reltio Cloud available we have been able to:
- Grow the business by over 1800% between 2013 and 2014
- Partner with the brightest and the best solution, services and data partners
- Raise our first official round of funding from incredibly supportive investors
- Deploy data-driven applications to both SMB & F500 customers in healthcare and life sciences
- Solve our customer's problems and enable opportunities, ranging from key account management, MDM, mergers and acquisitions, data monetization, compliance and more
As we pause to reflect, I'd like to acknowledge everyone who we consider part of the Reltio family:
- The faith of investors providing capital to help us accelerate our vision
- The extremely talented and hardworking team at Reltio
- Their families for supporting the incredible sacrifice that all employees make, each and every day, leaving their homes, often logging miles of travel and working countless hours
- The skill and professionalism of our solution, services and data partners, who make the platform better every day
- And of course our customers, present and future, who also "Think Different" by becoming the first to benefit from our unique solution
I'm excited about about the future, and together we are already looking forward to going beyond "the next big thing".