Reltio is highlighted in the report “Machine Learning Data Catalogs, Q1 2018 Forrester’s Overview Of 23 Machine Learning Data Catalogs” authored by by Michele Goetz, March 27, 2018
Why Read This Report
You can use machine learning data catalogs (MLDCs) to interpret and optimize the use of disparate data sources, reconcile policies across data use, and democratize data to the edge of business. But to access these benefits, you’ll first have to select from a diverse set of vendors — vendors that vary by size, functionality, geography, and vertical market focus. Enterprise architecture (EA) professionals should use Forrester’s Now Tech report to understand the value they can expect from an MLDC provider and select vendors based on functionality and role affinity.
A MLDC is a machine-learning-powered metadata catalog and policy processing engine that profiles, defines, and maintains semantic, logical, and physical models and traits of data within a data fabric for activation within systems of insights.
The full report is available here https://www.forrester.com/report/Now+Tech+Machine+Learning+Data+Catalogs+Q1+2018/-/E-RES137445
Other Forrester Research that features Reltio:
- Forrester Data Technology Pathfinder
The report states that Reltio reimagines master data management by combining machine learning and graph technology to both master data and gain insights into seemingly unrelated data objects and concepts.
- Forrester Master Data Management Wave
The 12 MDM Providers That Matter Most And How They Stack Up. “Forrester’s research uncovered a market in which Reltio [and other companies] lead the pack,” the report states. “Leaders demonstrated extensive and MDM capabilities for sophisticated master data scenarios, large complex ecosystems, and data governance to deliver enterprise-scale business value.”
- The Forrester Wave Master Data Management: Which MDM Tool Is Right For You?
MDM tools today don’t look like your father’s MDM. No longer an integration hub between applications and DBMSs, today’s tools are transitioning or have reinvented MDM to handle the context missing from system traditional implementations. Visualizations, graph repositories, big data and cloud scale, along with application like interfaces for nontechnical users, mean MDM and master data gets personal with stakeholders.
- Forrester The MDM Crossroads – To Graph or Not to Graph – A Contextual Platform For Data And Insight Is In Your Future. The shift toward graph-based MDM is a precursor for a holistic insight platform. Forrester expects such platforms to evolve over the next three to five years.
- Vendor Landscape: Insights Platforms, Q3 2016 Insight Platforms Turn Big Data Into More Action. This report defines and differentiate vendors that offer insight platforms — combinations of data management, analytics, and insight execution.