At the Modern Data Management Summit 2018, #datadriven18, we sat down with Neeraj Tolmare, Vice President - Digital CIO, Head of Digital Transformation & Global eCommerce, HP and Pallab Deb, VP and Head of Analytics Wipro. They discussed how HP, Wipro and Reltio partnered together to deliver on HP's Digital Transformation initiatives. HP is able to improve customer understanding while providing big data scale and performance using Reltio for Master Data Management (MDM) and Enterprise Data Organization in the Cloud.
1. Billion record scale Account 360 B2B (Customer / Partner) uses case including being able to support sales compensation, sales territory quotas. With enriched data through Dun & Bradstreet, and complex relationship and hierarchy management among business units, customers, resellers & partners.
2. Supporting downstream systems with new volume and scale by bridging and mapping continuous data organization of over 2 Billion entities, and 2M+ transactions a day, as well as continuing to support 50+ client integrations, while forming a foundation that provides the architecture for continuous evolution
3. Cloud first mentality and benefits such as seamless upgrades 3 times a year, removing the prior disruption related to legacy on-premises tools and processes. Beyond not having to procure hardware, the benefits of elasticity, agility and flexibility.
4. Getting businesses used to the power of new technology by re-orienting their processes and thinking into a the new real-time way of working at scale
5. Changing from traditional a normalized relational model to a logical model using NoSQL and Graph, and how to evolve existing teams with new thinking in a collaborative manner. The formation of a Data Advisory Board, training an existing talent pool.
6. How to digitally transform without disrupting business status quo at HP while continue to rapdily grow, and support systems that have been around for 30 to 40 years. The benefits of a well thought out plan and design.
7. Best practices and key formulas for success including HP, Wipro and Reltio working as one team. Focusing on 20% of the problems that are causing 80% of the pain. Nurturing evangelists for the initiatives.
8. Deploying an even larger B2C persona consumer 360 view to support omni-channel personalization for better customer experience
9. Surprising benefits including unforeseen use cases once data was Mastered and Organized, such as sales territory definitions and assignments