16-19 May 2016
Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, UK
Pre-Conference Workshop - 16 May 2016
14:00-17:15 - Afternoon Half Day Workshop
How to Go Beyond MDM with Modern Big Data Management
We are in the era of Big Data wherein technologies can now support a wide variety of data at seemingly infinite data volumes at real-time velocity. Yet MDM tools and technologies remain relatively unchanged in the 10 years since companies began deploying such solutions. Some might say that MDM itself has turned into the very silo it was designed to circumvent. Granted, certain solution providers now offer MDM in the cloud to enable smaller companies to benefit from MDM at a much lower ongoing cost, but for most enterprises that isn’t enough to meet increasing business demands.
Today’s end-users want access to a complete view – not just of customers or products – but rather a blended view of all master data entities plus transaction, interaction and social data. And they want their information delivered in the form of LinkedIn/Facebook style data-driven applications. They also want faster time to value and expect a new breed of enterprise data-driven applications that include reliable data, relevant insights and recommended actions.
In this workshop, one of the pioneers of modern data management which combines MDM, Big Data, Analytics and Machine Learning, will share best practices, case studies and technology considerations by discussing these topics and more:
- Leveraging enterprise multi-channel data to enable ‘inside-out’ client view via MDM
- Understanding the business value of Big Data, NoSQL vs. RDBMS vs. Data Warehouse, Hadoop (HDFS & MapReduce)
- Establishing the business case for MDM, Big Data & real-time data-driven applications (a case study)
The "Must Attend" Event for MDM and Data Governance Professionals
Why attend this event:
- Europe’s Only Co-Located Conferences on MDM & Data Governance. One event, in one to four days, gives you the unique opportunity to leverage the powerful combination of MDM and Data Governance to deliver optimal business outcomes through trusted information. Delegates can attend sessions at both conferences.
- Five Tracks With More Than Fifty Sessions. The co-located conferences are neither analyst led nor vendor led. Learn from over 60 world renowned independent speakers and major users of MDM and Data Governance.
- Focus on End-User Case Studies & Expert Panel Discussions. Choose from over 40 case studies and take an inside look at the successes and challenges behind real-world MDM and Data Governance implementations.
- Thirteen “Fast Track” Pre-Conference Workshops. Choose from an unparalleled range of tutorials and workshops on specific topics to get quickly up to speed or fine tune your performance. Choose from introductory or advanced workshops, enabling you to quickly get up to speed with MDM and Data Governance essentials.
- Post Conference Workshops. There will be four full day post conference workshops. Enhance your in-depth knowledge and Skills in MDM and Data Governance practice.