Market research and advisory firm Ovum estimates the big data market will grow from $1.7 billion in 2016 to $9.4 billion by 2020. As the market grows, enterprise challenges are shifting, skills requirements are changing, and the vendor landscape is morphing. The coming year promises to be a busy one for big data pros. Here are some predictions from industry watchers and technology players.
1. Data scientist demand will wane
2. Making data science a team sport will become a top priority
3. There will be more pressure to keep data local
4. Enterprises will struggle to monetize data
5. Data lakes will finally become useful
7. Demand for IoT architects will soar
8. Streaming analytics will be reborn